Yield: Serves 2-4
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more for drizzling
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 12 oz Brussels Sprouts
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and as much of the brown skin removed as possible
- 1 red-skinned pear (mainly for color, you could use any kind of pear)
- Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Parmesan cheese wedge, for shaving
Cut the stem off each brussels sprout and cut it in half. Then slice vertically so that you have strips of sprouts.
Heat a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is a little soft. Add the brussels sprouts, along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until they start to get a little color.
Add the diced pear and hazelnuts and cook for about two more minutes. Drizzle about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in the pan and stir
Add to a large serving bowl and garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese and perhaps a drizzle more of balsamic vinegar.
Click here for the recipe on Je Mange La Ville’s blog.